Slate tiles bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got this slate tile flooring that was put in before I got the place. The uneven ridges hide the dirt and very impractical surface. I wonder if they are meant for outside? Any way of sealing to improve it?

Attachments

• P_20200705_120625.jpg
    P_20200705_120625.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 216
  • P_20200706_101426.jpg
    P_20200706_101426.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 222
Sponsored Links
No those tiles are for indoors.

They haven't been well laid though the thickness of the grout line is all over the place

Given that looks a fairly small bathroom I would just replace the tiles with ones you are happy with and lay them properly , it won't cost too much

No those tiles are for indoors.

They haven't been well laid though the thickness of the grout line is all over the place

Given that looks a fairly small bathroom I would just replace the tiles with ones you are happy with and lay them properly , it won't cost too much

you mean pull out the old ones I presume or on top? Would have to get under shower tray so not that easy? It is small bathroom just awkward space. Getting a tiler not easy around here especially for a small job..

I would lift the old ones so you can inspect the sub floor.

Do they definitely go under the shower tray? Plus it looks like the side of the shower tray cones away for access

Its a job you can easily do yourself , you have the existing tiles to use as a template to cut the new tiles from , just take into account using tile spacers to keep to grout lines even

Sponsored Links
You could replace grout with grey, then seal the tiles after descaling which makes them easier to clean.

I would lift the old ones so you can inspect the sub floor.

Do they definitely go under the shower tray? Plus it looks like the side of the shower tray cones away for access.

Its a job you can easily do yourself , you have the existing tiles to use as a template to cut the new tiles from , just take into account using tile spacers to keep to grout lines even

Certainly looks like it to me. I can remove the shower tray panel but it's all siliconed in.

Attachments

• P_20200709_134634.jpg
    P_20200709_134634.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 196

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back