Sliding Doors.. What do I need?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This might get a little confusing but i'll try and explain..
I have a cupboard that I have made myself with two doors that overlap when they slide. The problem I have is that they do not slide smoothly as they are just wood sliding against the plastic tracking. What would be the best solution to make them slide a little smoother and easier? Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
We have glass mirrored sliding doors in our bathroom cabinet which slide in the same way inside plastic channels.
They got a little hard to open a while back so I just rubbed wax into the channel and that seems to have helped ;)

Cheers Glassman, thats exactly what the problem is with the doors, its in plastic casing as well. The only problem is that I dont think the waz will have the same effect on MDF... will it?

Cheers Glassman, thats exactly what the problem is with the doors, its in plastic casing as well. The only problem is that I dont think the wax will have the same effect on MDF... will it?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back