Slotted screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have changed all the locks, handles and hinges on our internal doors from brass to chrome to match the new decor.

Does anybody know where I can get 6 x 1" chrome plated countersunk slotted wood screws from at a reasonable price?

I have 14 doors to do and have been quoted £32 + P&P for 200 screws :eek:

Unfortunately the hinges came with pozidrive screws. I would prefer the traditional look of a slotted screw but I am struggling to find these at a reasonable price (brass screws - no problem :( ).

Or am I being OCD about this and should I just stick with the pozidrive?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Slotted screws for door hinges look, and are, far better than pozidrive, which in my opinion are ok for flatpack furniture.

Wotan

Yes I agree.

Just not sure where I can get them from though - tried Screwfix, Tool Station, Ironmongary Direct and all the sheds.

It appears that c/s slotted screws are (generally) only available in steel or brass :confused:

Sponsored Links
you should be able to get chrome plated 1" x 6 woodscrews for less than £10 a box - instread of trying online shops or shed try a proper diy shop or builders merchants

peopel may be able to help more if you had a location in your profile

Thanks for your help guys:

DC77 - Didn't thing of stainless but I may give these a try if I can't get chrome at a reasonable price.

Big-All - Yes they are 6's - I got some 6 x 1" in brass and they fit perfect (except the wrong colour!). Thanks for the link but I tried Screwsline and they are being taken over and have limited stock left.

Sea Angler - I'm in Southampton if any one knows any local suppliers? £10 a box sounds more reasonable!

I dont know why there so hard to get hold of given chrome fittings appear to be more popular than basss now :confused:

Regards

Davey

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back