Slotted screws

found some 4x1 and 6x1 i have a picture off a dirty box in my head off 8x5/8 but cant place it at the mo but will keep looking

best ebay can offer is 8x3/4
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154394827688?var=454460366508&hash=item23f2a61ba8:g:togAAOSw815gVJME

i would personally get 3/4 screws
screw through a bit off wood off 16mm and bench grind to the wheel side till the sparks stop
then use a 16mm screw to clear the path in the timber then fit the pointless 16mm replacements

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Yep, had a look at most of the outlets online and stores , amazon, ebay, wickes , screwfix , toolstation, B&Q , homebase, Jewson, Travis, A large local independant timber yard and hardware store.

Hopefully i don't need anymore , unless i get another project!!!!! , as wife seems to be into black trim on everything at the moment.

No bench grinder , on my list of tools to get. Along with a pillar drill, Plunge Saw , more clamps etc etc etc.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back