Slow blow fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what would be the result if a T1H time delay fuse was replaced with a F1.6amp quick bolw fuse in a back boiler control board, could it cause there to be a permanant live to the boiler?

Sponsored Links
T1H or T1A?
T = time delay aka antisurge. They are on of the most common sizes, not difficult to get hold of. Why has it popped though?
Antisurge are used where there may be inrush current and a fast blow would pop.

T1H or T1A?
T = time delay aka antisurge. They are on of the most common sizes, not difficult to get hold of. Why has it popped though?
Antisurge are used where there may be inrush current and a fast blow would pop.
Theres one in my speaker system. :D I have 9 spares knocking about somewhere. ;)

Sponsored Links
Im replacing it tomorrow when the gas engineer comes out and takes the fire out so i can get to it. I have been told today in a plumbing forum that it sounds like the boiler is getting permanent live and short cycling untill overheat.What cold be the problem? Any ideas?

Its a T1H ceramic, 20mm, the local Maplins dont have any in stock but im sure there is somewhere local that will have 'em, i got a glass one just to test if it will solve the problem. It was blown by someone who thought they knew how to wire the programmer!!

Could be a high breaking capacity fuse, slightly more difficult to get but the likes of Farnell or RS will do them.

I have the manual for the backboiler, it is definately a T1H ceramic i need. But what i need more than anything is to get to the route of the problem. Why does the boiler seem to have a permanant live?

Err - a fuse is placed in a current path in order to limit the amount of current that will flow in a fault situation.

If you have the wrong type of fuse then it may blow when it shouldn't, or not blow when it should, but there is absolutely no way that the wrong type of fuse can cause an appliance to get a live supply when or where it shouldn't.

Thanks.

Im really at a loss as to why im having this problem with the boiler locking out (as per link above)

Have you checked that the flue sensor wire hasn't been knocked off its terminal?

Do you have a wiring diagram for it?
When does it lock out - is it when you call for heating or water? What type of system is it - do you have a storage tank? Is the pump running?
Maybe worth running it by plumbing and central heating too.

I have run it by CH&P, if you follow then link above, the last post tells you exactly whats happened, im having a nightmare!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back