Slow drip from Potterton Performa.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend has a Potterton Performa 30 HE which is leaking very slowly from the bottom left-hand side, just behind the selector switch. This has been evident for a couple of months and there is visible scale on the upper edge of the control panel (where it joins the boiler casing. There is a slightly reduced pressure reading (about 0.8bar) but everything appears to be working fine. Matey says it was serviced 7 or 8 months ago but is unable to obtain any telephone response from the company.

Any ideas as to what might require attention? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
More than likely it's leaking from the hot water switch actuating pin.

Needs a DHW diaphragm kit. Replace the diaphragm and gland seal, clean the scale off the pin. Easy job.

Forget the previous servicing...got nothing to do with it.

Depending on the service history I would just replace the gland based on a five year diaphragm life.

For a DIYer, I would recommend just replacing the gland ( without dismantling the unit ) as if the diaphragm is not broken no point in fixing it.

Commercially if the diaphragm has reached over four years then I would recommend changing it. Below I would suggest to the customer they could wait until the next annual service!

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back