Slow flow to start with then increased

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a tap ceramic discs quarter turn. The hot water starts with a really slow flow rate. Then after running for 20 seconds improves. I undid the Flexi underneath it and it does the same if just flowing out of the Flexi. I solid piped it still does the same. Any ideas? All the over house is ok

Sponsored Links
Thanks I thought that. But I re pipe getting ride of the Flexi solid with no.62s

Sponsored Links
What is the flow like from the open ended supply pipe ?
Is there a check valve or isolation valve on the hot supply pipe ?

There was an iso valve but I swapped that it's to a kitchen sink tap

As I understood your replies you experience a slow flow rate ,that increases after 30 seconds ,from the supply pipe ,with no tap or tap tails connected, so it can't have anything to do with the ceramic tap valves. Are you sure that all other hot taps do not suffer from the same issue ? If they don't ,that would suggest the cause of the problem is within the hot supply pipework to kitchen.

Possible air locking?, if you turn it back on almost immediately after turning it it off, is the problem still there?.

What supplies your hot water , is it from a storage cylinder ,combi boiler etc ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back