slow tmv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I regularly service an old people's home to fix the scaled-up and sticking tmv's. But one or two rooms take their time in getting a supply of hot water. the problem is the system is gravity with multiple cylinders for the unit and thers rooms are on the end of a run. the staff tell me the tmv is faulty when in reality the water is no longer in the pipe. is there any type of non-return valve made for gravity flow or are they all high pressure?

Sponsored Links
Are you sure there isn't a Hot Water Secondary Pump not working somewhere?? perhaps near the hot water cylinders? ;)

But one or two rooms take their time in getting a supply of hot water. the problem is the system is gravity with multiple cylinders for the unit and thers rooms are on the end of a run.

:eek: :eek:

There should be a working secondary circulation system, as Boilerman's post. There should also be hot water discharged from the tap within 60 seconds, otherwise it is a forseeable legionella risk. Is ther a legionella assessment in place for the property? The managers re otherwise exposing themselves to a very big risk of being sued.
I suspect DP will be along to rubbish this shortly; if so, that's because he knows nothing about legionella.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back