SLRs and 7.62 (split thread)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Aren't abbreviations wonderful ... Last time I came across an SLR you stuffed a magazine with 7.62mm rounds onto it and shot things with it ...
Self Loading Rifle

MW

Sponsored Links
Never got to shoot a real person ... Though there were a few I wish I had :LOL:

Shot plenty of targets though and they had people drawn on them ... Does that count?

MW

Doesn't count

Not fulfilling the design purpose.

Sponsored Links
It always used to amaze me how guys could completely miss a lifesize target only 25 meters away when they were firing a weapon accurate to over 400 :LOL:

I shot a range light during night firing training for NI with an SLR fitted with a nitescope :LOL:

It always used to amaze me how guys could completely miss a lifesize target only 25 meters away when they were firing a weapon accurate to over 400 :LOL:
bringing up this subject has confused me slightly and having looked up on sites(american) that say the round is only accurate to approx 300m has really confused me as when i was a member of a target shoting club years back we regularly shot on the 1000m range at bisley getting consistent good accuracy results and I was always led to believe by other members of the club that the 7.62 nato round was accurate up to a mile with a top range of 3 miles. Is this not the case

Surely that explains it? A small, light semi rattling about will be far less accurate, despite the abilties of the round.

Surely that explains it? A small, light semi rattling about will be far less accurate, despite the abilties of the round.
understand that, but thats quite a difference, i'm unable to find information regarding the accuracy i was led to believe so am not sure now whether the round with the correct delivery system is capable of 1 mile accuracy or a total range of 3 miles, can anyone clarify if this is true or not? certainly i can confirm myself to an accuracy minimum of at least 1000m having shot accurately at that range at bisley.

could it be that the accuracy rating includes an allowance for Shytalkz? :LOL:

A Signals joke:

A signaller is on the range, he is way off target. Sgt Instructor gives him a bit of a talking to. Siggy puts his finger over the muzzle and pulls trigger. Finger shot off. Siggy says "The bullets are leaving here OK, the problem must be at the other end"

:LOL: .......instructor says to Siggy, "Stop pointing your finger at me"

Sponsored Links
Back