Small bore pipe from water meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I laid a 25mm MDPE pipe to feed my house and the water comany told us that we could make the connection to a pipe from the meter ourselves. However this pipe is an old style (probably imperial) plastic type that had been installed several years ago. This pipe is only about 22mm OD and 14mm ID. The insert I have to put to connect it to a special connector has only an 11mm ID.
This pipe from the meter is 1 metre long before it connects to my 25mm pipe. They assured me that the flow would not be affected by this old pipe but I am not sure.
I tested the flow from the old pipe, by filling buckets of water and I got 60-66 litres per minute but I did not test it with the insert.
Is the flow determined by the narrowest portion of the pipe system or by the volume of the piping system?
Ta

Sponsored Links
60 litres a minute is a fair bit; if you are sure about this measurement, I would not worry about it.

I guess the worst thing that can happen is, if I start having problems with flow, get the water company to come and put a 25mm pipe from the meter, but will have to dig again....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back