Small car rust

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys...
I was wondering if you can help with this.

There are some rust on my 2002 VW car door corner, at the sharp end of the door near the seat.

There is also small rust on the body part over the tyre, the part like an arch?!

These two places are surrounded with the car body paint and not from the buttom side of the car.

I thought if it is late to remove the rust, i can coat that area with something so it stops spreading?

Please execuse my poor discription as I don't know the right namings for car body parts.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Treat the rusty areas with Kurust rust killer....this is a pink liquid which is brushed onto the rust, and the area turns black due to the chemical action.
Its about the best you can get, but its only delaying the inevitable.
The door rust maybe just due to being caught on a wall or something, but the rust on the wheel arch is likely to be coming from the other side. In this case its much better to get behind the rust patch, kill the rust, prime the area and then re underseal the whole arch.
John :)

Any hollow panels like the door and sills can be effectivly rustproofed simply by squirting some clean engine oil inside the panel. It will creep into the seams which is where the rust usually starts and stop it. You will probably have to wipe the surplus off when it soaks through but that's a small price to pay for stopping the rust. If you repeat this about once a year you should have no more rust in those areas. I have been using this method for 50 years or more and it works.

Peter

Sponsored Links
Back