small cross section blue outer cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know where i might be able to get 2 core mains cable with a blue outer sheath similiar to arctic cable but with 0.5mm csa conductors? its for a set of lamps that are going to be against a blue wallpapered wall so i dont want white as it will stick out like a sore thumb. Preferebly not the fabric covered cable.

Sponsored Links
They seem to sell colored PVC flex, but it's 0.75mm² and 3 core rather than 0.5mm² 2 core.

Sponsored Links
Another possibility, you can get dyes suitable for dying PVC, so you could probablly buy white flex and dye it yourself.

Another possibility, you can get dyes suitable for dying PVC, so you could probablly buy white flex and dye it yourself.

I'm not going to ask how you stumbled across such products!

I honestly can't remember how I stumbled across the stuff, but the suppliers site seems to feature cars, boats, sofas and shoes. I don't see anything NSFW on there.

Haven't tried it myself.

I have noticed that MILs Vax hoover has a blue cable.................

3 core 0.75 but.....

I can see me "rewiring" a domestic appliance soon.....

How about blue sleeving and fitting with 2 single cores. Think like green/yellow earth sleeve.

I did think of that but then the cable becomes very stiff and doesnt bend easily
I've done this in the past. If you carefully heat the shrink-wrap just enough for it to come into contact with what it's surrounding, it remains flexible. It's when you heat it more, so that it shrinks more and 'tightens' onto the underlying <whatever> that it becomes fairly stiff.

Kind Regards, John

When I moved house in 1994 a filing cabinet draw labelled 'wire' moved with me, yes I do dip into it every so often and add/subtract. Knowing it contains a very random selection of 'stuff' I looked to see if anything would suit you. In a variety of combinations of conductor quantity/colour there were sheathes in; black, brown, red, yellow, orange, green, blue, grey, white, pink, gold.
However as there are a number of bits of 30++ year old rubber which has... let's just say deteriorated including the blue which I believe came off of a neighbours vacuum cleaner pre 1983.

Thanks to this thread almost the entire contents of the drawer and 2 others went to the scrap yard this morning, along with other 'stuff' I'm sorting and clearing.

Last edited:
I'm not going to ask how you stumbled across such products!
I honestly can't remember how I stumbled across the stuff, but the suppliers site seems to feature cars, boats, sofas and shoes. I don't see anything NSFW on there.

Haven't tried it myself.
The UK site mentioned has a remarkable range of colours.

Aftermarket "automotive" stores (in Australia) stock only a limited range (about 10 colours)
However, I have used one of these to colour White cable Black.

Works quite well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back