Small Garden Building

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning All,

I am new to this forum so please go easy on me! Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place....

I am thinking of building a small garden out house. Literally had the idea this morning, so very early stages!
We have an area at the bottom of our garden that is approx 3 x 2M and said area is just a bit of a wasteland really. It is directly below two old trees and as such nothing grows underneath and the space is just wasted really.

We build a deck to the right hand side of this area a couple of years ago and have been enjoying it ever since!
I have this morning had a bit of a crazy idea of building some sort of basic out house to compliment the deck and hopefully become a watertight building we can spend long summer evenings in...

So I am here for advice.... Is this a stupid idea? How difficult are we talking here? I have a basic knowledge of general DIY and I also do a bit of furniture making, so I reckon I could probably have a go at this myself....
I would be using as much reclaimed material as I possibly could to both reduce cost and add a bit of character. I can get my hands on pallets quite easily and was thinking I could perhaps use pallet wood as cladding for the walls? Obviously I would need to build far more solid frame, but as far as I can see, pallet wood would be fine for cladding once treated?

Has anyone on here had a go at a similar project? Any ideas or tips before I even start?

Thanks for any help you guys might be able to offer.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/garden-summer-house-out-building.442530/#ixzz3mN3sRwHY

Sponsored Links
This exactly the sort of thing I had in mind, however, I really want to do it myself, not from a kit etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back