Small mower recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a c25m lawn to maintain and little storage space - can anyone recommend a suitable mower?

The reviews on the small Flymo models are terrible and the manual mower reviews aren't good either - what else is on the market?

Sponsored Links
If you must go electric, consider the Stihl Viking 339.
If you want the best ,its a Honda Izy petrol - push or self propelled.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I'd hire one for a try, especially if you are close to an outlet. It will give you an idea of whats, what. But to be honest, most will do a reasonable job, if the grass is kept down.

Check out the Argos catalogue - everything from £45 quid upwards!
It'll be some sort of rotary machine really that you'll end up with - about a 16" blade and hangable by its handles.
Keep the grass away from the motor vents to prevent overheating and you'll get a couple of years out of it.
John :)

i have and have had a lot of professional petrol mowers and if you are going electric i would highly suggest buying a bosch rotax. not good on wet grass and will need to cut long long grass in two stages, but do give a good quality cut. if you dont like cables offering themselves to electrocute you and your lawn is flat enough i would go for a small cylinder mower by qualcast or someone.

bosch and qualcast are pretty much the same thing with different badges on.

Just gave it a first run and quite impressed actually - easy to assemble, manoeuvres fun and gets pretty close to the edges.

Thanks for the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back