small oil boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I could do with some advice if possible. I am going to be building an extension which will include a lounge, bedroom and shower room. I am on oil central heating. I want a second boiler to serve the extension. Can I have some advice on what the best cost effective boiler option is please? Thanks :D

Sponsored Links
Would you not be better to extend the heating system you already have? You could zone the heating with its own time clock and thermostat.

the difficulty is that is an old listed barn and the extension is going to be separated with a glass corridor (condition of planning permission). Also the main boiler is a long long way away. The main house is also underfloor heating with quite expensive flooring on top so thinking it would be better to put in a second boiler rather than disrupt the main house.

I would advise to fit either a Wallstar or a Grant Vortex. Both are very common on my patch and both very reliable. If it's only small building and space is needed the vortex can come in an external model, where the Wallstar is a through the wall boiler but they also have wall hung and floor standing external models too.

Sponsored Links
+1 for Hounsfield! I was working with Andrew Hounsfield yesterday and i have never met anyone so passionate about his product and a very good product it is too! ;)

When you order your Hounsfield, tell Andrew what you're using it for and the approx heat load required and he'll make sure the boiler is set up to operate at the correct kW rating for your system before it leaves the factory. You'll also need to know whether you're having a rear or side exit flue as he'll set up the internal boiler insulation to accommodate your flue choice

We fit a number of houndsfield boiler. Real good kit. Designed how a boiler technician would design a boiler.....because it is designed by boiler technicians.

Not like other companies that 'take on board comments from boiler technicians' and then go for easiest/cheapest option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back