Small Summer House Base suggestions

DJM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have been offered a fairly new small (approx 6x8) summer house for very little money, and whilst it's not quite what we want, it will do a job nicely and chaeply. However, want some ideas for the base platform.

Garden has a slight slope from back to front of sumer house location and is in front of tall trees. Obviously roots will mean no real digging out to level the ground, so what are my options?

I also have a problem with urban foxes using my garden as their lounge and trying to make thier lairs under my shed, so don't want another spot for them to start digging.

Thoughts would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
You could get some plastic pipes of a reasonaly diameter 150mm or more, and drill into the ground with an auger, drop the pipes in the holes like a fence post make sure they're all level then fill them with concrete to make a stable foundation.
or,
Make a decent decking base with some strong bearers, either leveled on slabs, or fixed into the ground with short posts, then put the summer house on top, then you could have a small deck in front of your new summer house.

Cost of a hole borer to hire is more than the summer house and still leaves the easy access for the foxes underneath, but thanks for the idea.

The beares idea was what I had originally thought of and will work, but I had hoped there might be another way to do it.

theyll dig under whatever you put there. best bet would be a small concrete base.

Sponsored Links
Ruger_rifle_e_4a8bf37f92aee6fce2dbf064ace85846.jpg

Usually fixes foxes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back