Smaller swept T fitting needed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_2298.JPG

The main stack is to the right and the pipe emerging from the left has a slight fall towards the stack. The problem is the lower bath waste which has a fairly significant rise towards the stack meaning water from the kitchen ends up around the bath trap resulting in leaks.
If I could raise the lower pipe, without affecting the upper pipe, then the problem would be solved. The swept T that has been used is clearly a different type and fairly bulky. Can someone please advise if there is a smaller type of swept T (or a completely different type of fitting) which will reduce the distance between the two pipes, thus raising the lower one.
NB: The distance between the pipes is 8cm at the white fitting.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Why not join the two pipes at the elbow get rid of the tee make the pipe straight use two 45 degree bends to drop the top pipe into the bottom pipe.

Here's a thought. How about cutting the top pipe (left of the spirit level) and adding two 45's, one down and one up. I could then connect the bottom pipe directly to the top (creating a proper fall for the new single pipe), and use a swept T to take the bath waste.
Like this?
IMG_2299.JPG

Would there be an issue with all of the kitchen waste (inc washing machine) passing through the new swept T directly behind the bath?

Why not join the two pipes at the elbow get rid of the tee make the pipe straight use two 45 degree bends to drop the top pipe into the bottom pipe.
I think our posts crossed there! Is there a problem with all of the kitchen waste (inc washing machine) passing through the new swept T directly behind the bath?

Sponsored Links
Toolstation solvent weld 135 degree branch 40mm and one solvent weld 13 5 degree bend (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back