Smart alarm system

• Thread starter Deleted member 307320
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 307320

Can anyone recommend a "smart alarm" for my house?

I don't want to go wireless, instead I'd like to reuse much of the existing cabling etc (I have a Texecom Veritas at the moment, it's 20 years old)

It doesn't need to insanely "smart", I'd like like to be able to monitor it from my phone.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If you /really/ want to do it, you can use the Texecom integration with Home Assistant and their Nabu Casa cloud service to link your alarm panel with Google Home. This will definitely take a bit more technical nous than a normal Google Home device integration, though.

The next question, of course, would be why on earth you would want to do this... ;)

If you /really/ want to do it, you can use the Texecom integration with Home Assistant and their Nabu Casa cloud service to link your alarm panel with Google Home. This will definitely take a bit more technical nous than a normal Google Home device integration, though.

The next question, of course, would be why on earth you would want to do this... ;)

If I'm investing in new kit, I just want to make sure it works with everything else.

I've got a Nest thermostat and am about to invest in Philips Hue which is Google compatible, so would be great if the new alarm worked with it too

If I'm investing in new kit, I just want to make sure it works with everything else.

I've got a Nest thermostat and am about to invest in Philips Hue which is Google compatible, so would be great if the new alarm worked with it too
In that regard, I'm probably the last person to ask as I've got a pretty low opinion of Google's home automation ecosystem, but I can confirm that you should at least have at least one route to compatibility available through the Texecom solution should you want to use it in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back