Smart Meter ...

If you want a smart meter, have one, if you don't want one, don't have one. It's not compulsory to have one.
It is compulsory to have a working calibrated meter. It would be fair to insist any replacements be smart meters. There are no grounds for refusal.

Sponsored Links
It is compulsory to have a working calibrated meter. It would be fair to insist any replacements be smart meters. There are no grounds for refusal.
Care to quote the 'law' that says "There are no grounds for refusal"?

There is no benefit to consumers, only extra costs.

But of course Energy companies will pass on any savings they make.....:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Energy provision is a highly competitive business these days, ever since it became so easy to switch. Lots of companies chasing your custom, some of which go broke. They wouldn't go broke if they were making big profits.

Sponsored Links
I don't need to. It's not an issue of law.
So what 'issue' is it?

And why do you think 'smart' meters should be imposed on everyone given you admit it's not an "issue of law"?

Energy provision is a highly competitive business these days, ever since it became so easy to switch. Lots of companies chasing your custom, some of which go broke. They wouldn't go broke if they were making big profits.
They go broke because when they reach a certain number of customers they then have to levy the green charge, and are then uncompetative.

Halt the mass drive for electric vehicles until the infrastructure is there to fully support them.Self charging hybrid would be my choice if I ever decide to get rid of my diesel.
Chicken and egg syndrome comes into play!

Especially in a country that doesn't have the space or always puts 'profit before people'...

Other more advanced countries have taken a different approach!

You can refuse a smart meter, you can get a smart meter removed if you already have one. As for "a working calibrated meter", if you think your meter isn't calibrated and you want it tested, you will be charged if it isn't out. The energy companies are not going to hit smart meter targets, with any luck they will scrap it and save the country and consumers even more money.

Self charging hybrid would be my choice if I ever decide to get rid of my diesel.

Depends on the sort of use you normally put your car to, how you drive it, and what you hope to achieve from "going green" (better for the environment, better for your pocket, better fuel economy, warm glow........)

We have transitioned our fleet towards hybrids over the last few years, and it has been poor in terms of fuel efficiency, at least for the nature of our use, compared to diesels.
Fuel economy is barely half as good as it was, when comparing hybrid with diesel.
The driving experience is poor too, in comparison.
It is actually close to a case of "hybrids being a good choice for those who don't really need a car in the first place".

You can refuse a smart meter, you can get a smart meter removed if you already have one.
You can indeed refuse to have one installed...

But if installed you only have the right (at present) to turn it into a 'dumb' meter...

It would only take a government decree to turn it back to 'smart' again of course!

Plus when in 'dumb mode', tariffs have a habit of rising...

'Non compulsory' has a tendency to become 'compulsory' when money is involved ;)

Water meter, yes.
Smart meter, not that I'd heard.
ISTBCT.

..and it is only possible to have the water meter removed, if you are the original person who requested it, plus within one (maybe two?) years of having it fitted. After that, or if you sell the house - it stays.

Sponsored Links
Back