Gas/Elec Smart Meters

However, there is also the ability to vary cost during the day (more expensive when you want to cook dinner - I mean when demand is high), rotate supply between areas if the supply should fall short, etc. etc.
You can bet if they want to do it, it will not be for your benefit.

This is what I'm led to believe. Domestic energy usage is actually tumbling & they have forecast that they need to raise revenues in a way that Joe Public can be fooled into thinking it's good for him.

Sponsored Links
But I'm sure the pot growers will find a way to get round them, otherwise they'd get picked up dead quick.

Try to get hold of an ex-pat or friendly native who's lived on Malta for the past 5yrs & get them to tell you about Malta's smart meter fiasco. They had to offer an amnesty 'cos apparently most of the island was on free electric.

Like the cable TV installation guys, they were fitting the meters & offering the householder a 'cheaper' alternative at the same time.

Some sentiments from Nige regarding energy in the last half of the video

@Doggit
They don't drive round to collect readings. They have SIM cards in and use the mobile networks to transmit readings.

I'm having issues with mine not sending readings! Or at least the British gas app not updating !!!

Sponsored Links
Back