Advice on supplier wanting to install smart meters.

N

nauseous

They have been emailing, badgering me to install a smart meter, asking me to book an appointment.
I really don't want one but see no option in their email to inform them of this. It looks like if I reply to their mail
I will be registering my interest. Do they need access to your home to set one up? How do I go about
refusing to have one, please?

Book your appointment

Our installation partner, National Grid Smart already have engineers operating in your area and could therefore install your FREE smart meter in the next few weeks. National Grid Smart will contact you in the next few weeks to discuss your appointment. If you want to secure an appointment immediately then please call our installation partners National Grid Smart on 0800 9534345 quoting reference S438035. Alternatively register your interest below and we will contact you to confirm your appointment date and time.

Sponsored Links
Not compulsory don't do it .......Google ......trying to swap supplier after smart meter installed .....I've been told it's difficult at the moment ....might be ok in the future

Best thing I did for my energy supply I would take them up on it. I pretty much had to threaten my supplier to fit them.

Sponsored Links
National Grid Smart Ltd does not appear to be an energy supplier.

It does appear to be a metering company.

Smart meters do NOT by them selves save energy. They might make the house owner aware of ways to reduce enrgy use by making changes in lifestyle.

Companies do not install "smart" meters to make you money. They do it to make them money. The sooner these people who keep saying " the best thing I ever did" realise that fact and tell these companies to take a running jump the better. Having said that I'm pretty sure that these scammers will, eventually, make the installation of smart meters compulsory.

Smart Meters will allow them to bill you in even more creative ways and you think there are lots of tariffs now wait till they get smart meters more prevalent. Just like the train companies with the amount of ticket options.

I had a message telling me that they were "in my area" and had pre-booked an appointment for me (very kind) and that if it was not convenient I could change the date on line, but if I did not want a smart meter I needed to phone them up to discuss it!

I simply messaged them back saying cancel the appointment, stated that I did not want a smart meter, and neither did I want to phone them up nor discuss it.

That's it job done, install cancelled and I am on the "refused list". Very simple to do, this post took me longer to write.

Companies do not install "smart" meters to make you money. They do it to make them money. The sooner these people who keep saying " the best thing I ever did" realise that fact and tell these companies to take a running jump the better. Having said that I'm pretty sure that these scammers will, eventually, make the installation of smart meters compulsory.

Funny since I had it installed in comparison to before I had it installed I have saved money :cautious:

Yes the device itself does not save money as such but the app and usage monitoring allows me to fix ways to save money. Also my time is to valuable to have to be submitting meter readings every month so also saves me time.

We were hounded non-stop, phone, email, letters. Told em to back off and they didn't so we switched provider. Told em why too. We saved money by changing anyway and it's been peaceful ever since :)

Guess they will phone me soon. As both meters are outside and fully accessible just wondering if
they might try to fit the SMs without my consent? I know they'll probably be made compulsory one day
and they may be useful for some family's but i don't need or want one.

Tell them you don't want one.

I dare say chips in your brain will be compulsory one day.
Would anyone except lamchamps want one today?

Sponsored Links
Back