A Warning To Many - They Are Not Your Mates = Energy Companies/Smart Meters

Sponsored Links
And WTF has that got to do with owning a SM or not.

Grow up.
are you struggling with what the thread is all about , whats up cant you keep a train of thought . Take the shovel out your hand half wit

Sponsored Links
You mean the flat earth, covid denying, anti-jabber moron luddites won't benefit for money saving schemes unless they opt for a SM?

Boo fekkin hoo.

Why do you assume that I subscribe to any of those beliefs? For the record, I had my 3 jabs and used to do a lateral flow test before visiting my parents if I had as much as a runny noise- oh and I was hospitalised when I got covid (2020), and even pee'd blood a week after I finished isolating.

I also question why you assume that everyone would benefit from being charged more at peak times and less at off peak times (as opposed to a flat rate). My usage requirements might well be different to yours.

Due to poorly trained people fitting these meters both gas and electric there has been several house fires caused by them.
In the space of 12 months our local council had 3 bad ones . Mate who is was a quality control for one of big companies done a safety audit on 1000 properties and around 25% of them were dangerous due to either bare wires showing on meter tails or loose connections with evidence of arcing

Meter area fires are nothing new. When plastic consumer unit housings were banned they problem was not tightening connections correctly.

Smart meters - main aim is to avoid having to take meter readings. Past that is somewhat dependent on how easy it is to adjust the output from power stations. Not sure how that relates now but believe it was a problem with using turbines however they were fired. Ecconomy 7's main purpose was heating which uses a lot more energy than say running a washing machine maybe twice a week. Storage heaters don't provide quick heating so are more suited to keeping a place warm all of the time. We had it here complete with a low rate mid day top up, Both of us were working so heated when we didn't need it to be. Gas worked out a lot cheaper. Storage heaters for some level of heating capacity are big and bulky compared with direct heating. They can have a degree of thermostatic control but I wouldn't say that is very good. So what use is off peal rates really?

Sweden home heating is usually electric. They use thermostatic panel heaters. ;) I've only been there when it's pretty cold and they don't turn them off but that could be arranged as could variable heating levels much like central heating. Currently the kit that would be needed doesn't seem to be available. In some larger buildings they use underfloor, concrete slab, It gives very consistent heat levels but takes the slab a few days to get the building up to temperature.

EV's. I'd assume some one has calculated how many Kw Hrs the public use on the roads. They then look at what that means in terms of a house and grid supply and say it just isn't on as even the grid wont take it. Similar problems exist for just changing house heating to all electric along with current heating power levels. It would cost a fortune to upgrade the lot to suite and no one has any interest in providing sufficient funds to do it so we are all expected to insulate. That will probably cause some housing serious problems at some point in the future. Blue brick dpc's for instance. Some cavity walls are expected to breath.

Your condensing boilers - well they only do that within a certain range of flow and return temperatures. Without insulation that can mean much larger radiators are needed compared with what was fitted in the past to make full use of it. Pure electric can be near 100% efficient. I sometimes wonder if that would make it cheaper with current power levels and sensible use of set room temperatures. Thermostatic radiator valves can make a big difference with gas heating. Zoning even more but there are losses through ceilings.

The whole area is a bit of a gov saying we are going to do it and payback times are still rather long. They generally are when people will save money and that can influence retail pricing.

Why do you assume that I subscribe to any of those beliefs?
I don't. My posts are for the benefit of a wider audience.

However, there appears to be plenty of morons following this thread. You only have to go to the top four on this very page, they all share the same brain cell.

I don't. My posts are for the benefit of a wider audience.

However, there appears to be plenty of morons following this thread. You only have to go to the top four on this very page, they all share the same brain cell.
says the guy who has bumped his gums on this topic and has shown how stupid he is trying to come over as an expert . Take more water with it

Smart meters - main aim is to avoid having to take meter readings
Really?

Judging by the posters on this thread, their design is to somehow dupe the customer into having more expensive gas or electric (massive lols) or some would have you believe that there is a little man inside that will shut the supply down the second the consumer goes into debt (huge lols).

The reality is that they are no different to analogue in either respect. As I said, the same people believe the earth is flat, Covid was a government hoax and vaccines contain microscopic bots that are set to control the population.

Moron doesn't even come close.

Really?

Judging by the posters on this thread, their design is to somehow dupe the customer into having more expensive gas or electric (massive lols) or some would have you believe that there is a little man inside that will shut the supply down the second the consumer goes into debt (huge lols).

The reality is that they are no different to analogue in either respect. As I said, the same people believe the earth is flat, Covid was a government hoax and vaccines contain microscopic bots that are set to control the population.

Moron doesn't even come close.
Cant recall seeing anyone saying they would use them to shut anyone ones G or E down the minute they went into debt .
Can you tell us from your infinite knowledge how an analogue gas meter can real time price . also in the event of a supply needing shut off can you tell us how this is done remotely with an analogue gas meter . Stop digging your hole .

Cant recall seeing anyone saying they would use them to shut anyone ones G or E down the minute they went into debt .
Can you tell us from your infinite knowledge how an analogue gas meter can real time price . also in the event of a supply needing shut off can you tell us how this is done remotely with an analogue gas meter . Stop digging your hole .
I don't need to. The threshold (warnings, options to settle the bill, complaints procedure) is exactly he same for analogue as it is for SM. There is no reason a customer should expect their SM will be shut down any more readily than an analogue meter.

Nor will a customer be charged any differently for their consumption whether they have SM or analogue. There is no need to fear a SM based on the bullshizzle the morons are peddling.

That's the gist of the thread explained right there. Don't bother thanking me. (y)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back