A Warning To Many - They Are Not Your Mates = Energy Companies/Smart Meters

Really?

Judging by the posters on this thread, their design is to somehow dupe the customer into having more expensive gas or electric (massive lols) or some would have you believe that there is a little man inside that will shut the supply down the second the consumer goes into debt (huge lols).
Yes really. They change the meters periodically anyway but no need to have a meter man call or in theory have wildly inaccurate estimates which you may get without having one fitted. The period between manual meter reads has being going up and up for ages.

My only beef is why mine are owned by a French leasing company and it needs an extra box added as well as the meter. The extra box appears to look after the comms.

One downside is that as readings can be taken when ever they like a higher than usual usage in a month results in a bill increase. I will be looking at credit levels at the end of the winter and that there are no more estimated readings. When ours was installed the man said they were not working as they should. I assume that just means their end wasn't really ready.

LOL They also fit an isolator so the grid people don't have to be called out to remove fuses to isolate things for an electrician and then come back later and refit them. Only thing is that a factory type electrician said he wouldn't be allowed to fit the type they use as they are plastic.

The other problem is we had 2 phases and 2 meters. Fixed to avoid an extra standing charge. I am pretty sure they could have fitted a 3 phase meter even though there are only 2 available. The other is probably there as well but sealed off,

However we all know as with covid they have ulterior motives - none of the good. It's all a plot. :sneaky:

Sponsored Links
I don't need to. The threshold (warnings, options to settle the bill, complaints procedure) is exactly he same for analogue as it is for SM. There is no reason a customer should expect their SM will be shut down any more readily than an analogue meter.

Nor will a customer be charged any differently for their consumption whether they have SM or analogue. There is no need to fear a SM based on the bullshizzle the morons are peddling.

That's the gist of the thread explained right there. (y)
AS i said clearly do not understanding meter functions and billing procedures and what has already been discussed by energy company's and an extension of the principals behind economy 7 ,9 and 10 .

a higher than usual usage in a month results in a bill increase.
I can't see how that can be avoided.:unsure:

If you consume more - you pay more.

Same with water meters. People will naturally be more wasteful as long as they pay a standing charge. Stick 'em on a meter and watch their butt cheeks tighten. I remember being told off for running the tap (in the US) so that the water ran cold, when filling a glass with water. He said "use the ice machine for goodness sake!"

I'm glad I have SM's both gas and electric as I benefit from instant readings and accurate bills. There are no disadvantages over analogue - period.

Sponsored Links
Looks like having a SM will save me money. Thanks for the link.(y)
yet again never read into it right but i thought they were not going to do real time pricing thought they could not charge analogue and smart meters different prices or were you just chatting shyte ?

yet again never read into it right but i thought they were not going to do real time pricing
Yes, smart meters have the ability to relay your consumption instantly and I'm just glad that there is an option to save money.

PS. They can't charge you more than the analogue equivalent though, it's a myth perpetuated by morons.

Yes, smart meters have the ability to relay your consumption instantly and I'm just glad that there is an option to save money.

PS. They can't charge you more than the analogue equivalent though, it's a myth perpetuated by morons.

I don't think that anyone was suggesting that, at least I wasn't. I was however suggesting that once every one has a smart meter, it is highly probable that variable/dynamic tariffs will become the norm.

As I previously said, I am not a flat earther and I continue to believe that covid was real. I also believe that profit maximising companies will do all they can to increase profits. Their priorities lie [sic] with their investors and not their customers. If they were still nationalised, I might be less untrusting. I don't, in principle, have a problem with firms making a profit, but I remain unconvinced that things have improved since the utilities were privatised.

Could See
The term uber-style is meaningless and just invented. The grid has some capacity to provide power. It can't supply any more so there would be no point in varying charges based on load. It can suply no more than it does. They do have one problem - sudden surges and time taken to get generators up and running. That is what Dinorwig is for but battery storage is being used more and more. If total wind we will need a lot of that. Probably not feasible so some greens will accept nuclear. :( Not the UK ones though.

Titter. Ask your power supplier to get one in your gaff pronto.
Why would i be daft enough to get a smart meter i took enough out that were still registering whilst laying in the back of my van and part of the reason the ESP went to ofgem to stop working on them

Sponsored Links
Back