Smartcom notifications - how to stop them.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
So i installed a smartcom on my parents prem elite 24 system.
It functions fine etc - but i keep getting notifications when my parents arm/disarm them alarm system.
I'm a 'user' on their alarm system. Its the same for my parents too - they get notifications if the other arms/disarms the alarm.

Just wondering if there is any way to stop these and to only receive a notification if the alarm is triggered?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Just wondering if there is any way to stop these and to only receive a notification if the alarm is triggered?
I think it a good idea to have open/close alerts as it gives you more confidence you'll receive that all important alert if required. Many times the Texecom app will crash in the background on your phone unbeknown to the end user.

Sponsored Links
I think it a good idea to have open/close alerts as it gives you more confidence you'll receive that all important alert if required. Many times the Texecom app will crash in the background on your phone unbeknown to the end user.

You make a good point.....i think your probably right to leave the notifications on.

From programming, go to coms.
Arc ,then turn off open/ close reports.

Hello,

So i turned the open/close reports check box back on, but i'm still not getting alerts for some reason.

any thoughts?

Retrace your steps.

When you say no notifications are you saying no open closes after turning back on or no notifications at all.

Retrace your steps.

When you say no notifications are you saying no open closes after turning back on or no notifications at all.

figured it out - i enabled the open/close reports on my system but didn't get any notification.

For some reason, when i setup the smartcom 4g on my system, the texecom cloud site didn't register the smartcom correctly (the invoice value was 0). It wouldn't let me change the subscription so i deleted the site and recreated it - paid the sub fee and all the alerts are working correctly.

Very odd!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back