Smeg ceramic hob not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This morning my SMEG cucina hob SE2640tc stopped working properly. When I turn on the electric supply the control lights go on briefly and then turn off and I am unable to turn them back on again.

I have cleaned the surface in a vain hope it might make a difference but I am unsure what is wrong and how to fix it.

I have enclosed two photos to better explain what i mean.

Attachments

• IMG_20190625_083530628.jpg
    IMG_20190625_083530628.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_20190625_083629128.jpg
    IMG_20190625_083629128.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 244
Sponsored Links
The first thing to do is to check that the electricity supply gets all the way to the hob's electrical connections when the hob is turned on. I guess the neon light on the switch for the hob stays on?
Hobs are quite high current devices and bad connections are common.
You'd need a two - probe voltage tester (NOT a neon screwdriver) or a multimeter to test this.

When I turn on the electric supply the control lights go on briefly and then turn off and I am unable to turn them back on again.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/smeg-ceramic-hob-not-working.524894/#ixzz5rrD7KnDC

Which surely means the supply gets there. Possibly new hob time.

NB. What idiot put all those switches in? Completely unnecessary. Don't turn them on and off every day. Had you left your hob on (but off on its controls) it almost certainly would not have failed.

Sponsored Links
the displays are lit so power is getting there.

Try searching online for your model to see if there is a common problem.

leave it switched off at the wall over night, incase it helps reset it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back