Smeg DF612SDX Dishwasher blows main fuse

Thats sounds ok but you may want to consider those plastic covers that fit over the connectors, I think I posted an ebay item for illustration purposes.
Would be advised!!!

Sponsored Links
Yes, those are the ones I bought. Trouble with those is that the spade connectors on the heater are too close together for there to be room for the insulating covers to fit. I had to cut off the covers to get the connectors to fit on otherwise there was no way they were going to fit. I can wrap some insulating tape round the connectors and refit them which will hopefully achieve the same effect.

Pity, how about re-using the black plug housing?

It was quite melted and distorted. At best it'd be difficult to get the new connectors to fit in so they were in line enough to mate up with the heater connectors. That's if they'd even fi in at all.

Sponsored Links
If the connectors are a good tight fit onto the spades using insulation tape should be fine.

They seem pretty secure. I need pliers to pull them off. I'll be taping them up properly soon. Thanks again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back