smell of gas from boiler vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone.

I've recently moved into a flat and it has a vokera boiler. We've noticed the smell of gas whenever we switch on water, and I've noticed it from another flat as well. We had a boiler check and the engineer didn't find anything wrong or concerning but did not comment on why I'd smell gas sometimes from the outside vent when we used the water. The engineer said the boiler is 3 years old.

Has anyone else experienced this or can give some explanation?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
During the ignition process there will be a little unburnt gas released prior to it lighting, that will be all you can smell (Mercaptin). As long as it's been checked and it then disappears after a time then there's nothing to worry about.

Thank you so much. I was was worried but, yes, its been checked. First time living alone - living my parents - so got to find and learn these things :) Thank you again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back