Smiths sensor switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have three outside lights and a PIR ( or maybe a busk controller)
It is all controlled by an old smiths sensor switch.

I'm no electrician but I know the basics. I will probably get my sparky to carry out the work.

What can I replace the controller with. It sits on a double socket box, has two twin and earth cables, I assume feed in and feed out, it also has a telephone like cable to the PIR

id like to change just the controller, with minimal damage, and would also fit onto the double socket box as its been plastered round by the previous owner.

Any ideas?a

Sponsored Links
No. The mains terminals have come away from the PCB. I'm may have ago at re- soldering them.

Sponsored Links
I changed an ancient lighting controller which had packed up for a new GJD one.

Not sure what make the old one was, but I thought I'd give the old PIRs a try before swapping them for GJD ones, and they operated the GJD stuff perfectly, so it's worth a try for nothing with the old PIRs still in place.

I've just removed the PCB inside the controller, and soldered the dry joints. It seems to be working ok.

Fingers crossed it may last a little longer.
Thanks for your help guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back