Smooth out concrete garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

I have a concrete garage floor but its not smooth at all, its rivet and very rough, like poorly laid concrete without being smoothed. I thought I can save money by laying rubber mats as I'd like to use it as a gym too (when the car is not parked inside) but think the uneven surface might make the mats sink or become uneven.

Do I grind the floor, pour some sort of bonding liquid to get a smooth surface? I dont mind either having a smooth epoxy surface then getting some gym mats or tiling the whole floor with rubber mats (but strong enough to hold a car).

Any ideas? I dont have any pictures right now but will post them up soon later.

Sponsored Links
Unless you decided to wet pour at least 100mm, the floor wont bond for any great period of time and will start to fail.
So grinding down is possibly your best route. You could then coat with floor paint, that will allow for any mess left by the car to be cleaned easier and mat out when feeling energetic.

ok so its not as bad as I last remembered lol

pictures below, so do i need to seal the floor, level or just mat some rubber mats down? of course I'll need to pressure wash and clean it before i do anything.

Please advise as my motorbike will be parked in here and sometimes my car too.

IMG_1974Copy.jpg

IMG_1975Copy.jpg

IMG_1976Copy.jpg

IMG_1977Copy.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back