SMS module on eBay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughters alarm panel couldn't be further away from the phone socket, so running a dialer cable is not viable (solid floors)
Saw this on eBay and was wondering if anyone had any experience of this or anything similar, she's not bothered about the set / unset texts (these can be omitted) she would just like notification of alarm activation.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/232381515453

Thanks

Sandy

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
SandyLyon, I can personally vouch for this product.(have tested it).

I have tested and made some suggestions for Dan's product and I am at some point supposed to be getting together to look at the mods, just commitments the way we both are hasn't made it possible.

He is based in Ossett in Wakefield. It uses a micro sim that slots in the end of the plastic wrap.
There is a sticky on the back and for any polymer panel it can pretty much sit behind the pcb.

its very simple to install with two power leads to the 12V terminals +-, and two triggers on the model I tested.

One of the triggers was set for arm/disarm and the other for alarm, although he has worked on making it customisable I have sat down with him to through his latest model/s.

it may be possible to add an external aerial to the red board but you may have to cut away the protection.

It is pretty responsive. and very easy to program.

That's reminded me I need to see him, as I will be offering this as a cheap option for ungraded alarm systems, its a fraction of its competitors and has multipul number options.

Disclaimer: changes to the product may have been made since my original tests, however any issues the seller would rectify I am sure.

SandyLyon, I can personally vouch for this product.(have tested it).

I have tested and made some suggestions for Dan's product and I am at some point supposed to be getting together to look at the mods, just commitments the way we both are hasn't made it possible.

He is based in Ossett in Wakefield. It uses a micro sim that slots in the end of the plastic wrap.
There is a sticky on the back and for any polymer panel it can pretty much sit behind the pcb.

its very simple to install with two power leads to the 12V terminals +-, and two triggers on the model I tested.

One of the triggers was set for arm/disarm and the other for alarm, although he has worked on making it customisable I have sat down with him to through his latest model/s.

it may be possible to add an external aerial to the red board but you may have to cut away the protection.

It is pretty responsive. and very easy to program.

That's reminded me I need to see him, as I will be offering this as a cheap option for ungraded alarm systems, its a fraction of its competitors and has multipul number options.

Disclaimer: changes to the product may have been made since my original tests, however any issues the seller would rectify I am sure.

Thanks for the detailed and informative reply, it looks ideal for what she needs. Glad it has your seal of approval, only concern would be signal strength with the built in antenna.

Sponsored Links
that's going to down to network and positioning, I didn't have an additional antenna, and have a few bars signal mind, depending on signal strength you could extend the cables.

from the pictures you can work out how some of it is constructed.

Will this work with a premier elite?
I can't see why it wouldn't but just want to check.

it can use the digi outputs, to fire or the bell trigger, obviously the message wont have the same level of detail as the com gsm module but its nowhere near the same price either.

I have just ordered one for my daughter, certainly worth trying at that price.

Will report back when fitted,

I installed and setup the module on my panel and it works a treat, but at my daughters (poor mobile signal area) it struggles to pick up a signal.
Not the fault of the module, but an external antenna may be the answer but I’ll leave that one for now.

So in summary, as long as yo have a reasonably strong mobile signal it’s a good piece of “no frills” kit that will text up to 5 numbers in the event of an alarm activation (or set / unset if you want) small enough to fit inside the panel, and it’s relatively cheap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back