Snap/clap noise in kitchen/living room ceiling 2nd floor flat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please help me identify this noise? After I bought a second floor new build flat from Bewley Homes UK in 2022, there has intermittently been a snapping/clapping sound. The noise happens all year round. We have done the basic tests i.e run taps etc. It has been really hard to pin point where the noise is coming from but I believe it’s from the ceiling in the open plan kitchen/living room.

The recordings below are over a 7 hour period.

https://vimeo.com/908764537?share=copy

TIA

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Did you have the house builder back?

Thank you for your replies. @CBW the property is still within it’s warranty, but Bewley Homes has told me to contact NHBC. @Deluks it happens all year round, rain or shine.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thank you for your replies. @CBW the property is still within it’s warranty, but Bewley Homes has told me to contact NHBC. @Deluks it happens all year round, rain or shine.
Ok. Have you contacted them?

NHBC won't get out of bed for less than a thousand bucks, complete waste of time for minor items like this.

Did you have the house builder back?
I wrote them an email and I'm still waiting for a reply. They don't seem that interested in sorting out the problem. We have noticed that a lot of white dust accumulates in the kitchen, but we are unsure if this is related to the noise

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Could someone please help me identify this noise? After I bought a second floor new build flat from Bewley Homes UK in 2022, there has intermittently been a snapping/clapping sound. The noise happens all year round. We have done the basic tests i.e run taps etc. It has been really hard to pin point where the noise is coming from but I believe it’s from the ceiling in the open plan kitchen/living room.

The recordings below are over a 7 hour period.

https://vimeo.com/908764537?share=copy

TIA
Can you put the other sound recordings up here please as you have to log in to view the viemio ones

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back