Snap/push fittings for lids and panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure I've seen these but cannot find them online. Picture a 2 part metal snap fitting. The female part recessed into a frame. The male part attached onto a lid or revocable wooden panel, sort of like a metal dowel. It takes a bit of force to get it to snap in or out.

I've seen similar things where the housing has two bearings or something that are pushed apart... Can't find them either. Not as ideal for me but any help tracking down either or other similar things greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Huh, you can't link to Screwfix anymore?!
upload_2020-5-11_16-51-38.png

Anyway, those sort of things are probably what I'm describing as the 'slightly less good' option - thanks. I still cannot find anything where the 'socket' part can be recessed.

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-11_16-51-18.png
    upload_2020-5-11_16-51-18.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 61
Sponsored Links
Ah, the snap ring system....best of luck with that one, I can't say I've come across those as a kit anywhere.
John :)

KEKU fastenings, from Hafele and their distributors (such as Quasar in Ashton under Lyne, Manchester - Ironmongery Direct have them in their catalogue, too). Standard fixing method for panels in shop fitting, bar and restaurant fitting, etc as well as for panels in IPS systems (Integrated Panel System - the laminated panels you see in public building toilets, changing rooms, etc). There are two main types push fit/snap on and drop-on/hook.

To get on the SF site I always go direct rather than using a link that someone posts.
As a tip, once you get onto the home page of SF save it in your favourites and access it from there.
I've never had any trouble getting on their site but I do with B&Q, Wickes, Homebase etc as I don't have them in favourites.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back