Snoopers charter - Pensioners will have their bank accounts inspected and monitored

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Thick mottie still thinks its means tested benefits only - it includes state pension as well as child benefit.

So pretty much everyone.

For a bit of balance, I would typically be against any sort of 'big government' moves, be they NHS or HMRC or DWP expansions. I want it all slimmed down fairly significantly.

As much as some benefit cheats might annoy me, it's a drop in the ocean compared to, say, corruption, or general public sector waste.

And regardless of anyone's party preferences, giving the state more power like this is absolutely insane. I think we are clearly on a path to total financial control (CBDCs etc.), and that it will be pushed through whichever flavour of government holds power at the time.

I might not like benefit claimants cheating the system, or people working 'cash in hand', but what I dislike WAY more is the concept of a big authoritarian state. Any such moves should be resisted. It doesn't matter if you are team Blue or Red - after the next change, the other flavour of loonies will have that power!!!

Sponsored Links
Thick mottie still thinks its means tested benefits only - it includes state pension as well as child benefit.

So pretty much everyone.
mottie received benefits for work he admitted he wasn't going to do...

And they were effectively 'means tested' based on previously claimed income...

So I'm sure mottie will have no problem with having his bank accounts picked over with a fine tooth comb, won't he?

As much as some benefit cheats might annoy me, it's a drop in the ocean compared to, say, corruption, or general public sector waste.
Problem is the RWM brainwash the gullible into believing the opposite is true!

mottie received benefits for work he admitted he wasn't

EVERYONE who received furlough money, got it for NOT WORKING.

And they were effectively 'means tested' based on previously claimed income...
No, they weren’t. FFS How many times do I have to tell you - it’s just not getting through that thick skull of yours is it? ONLY the self-employed had to give figures of previous income. I was not self employed.

Is there anyone on here who was self employed that can explain to this idiot how it worked - he's not very good at businesssy things.

No, they weren’t. FFS How many times do I have to tell you - it’s just not getting through that thick skull of yours is it? ONLY the self-employed had to give figures of previous income. I was not self employed.

Is there anyone on here who was self employed that can explain to this idiot how it worked - he's not very good at businesssy things.

I'm still waiting for you to tell us all your kids names and dob. Nothing to fear nothing to hide.

No, they weren’t. FFS How many times do I have to tell you - it’s just not getting through that thick skull of yours is it? ONLY the self-employed had to give figures. I was not self employed.
So you are quite happy for all your bank accounts to be looked at.

An unusual entry hits a "ping" in the system and somebody decides it shouldn't be there, or is not normal?

Then the authorities call you in for a chat, or start correspondence over it, months later. Up to you to prove what it was, why it's there, and only if they are convinced will the matter drop. Although no doubt you will be on a special list after that, so likely to be questioned again a few months or years later.

Happy with that? It's not private is it.

So you are quite happy for all your bank accounts to be looked at.

An unusual entry hits a "ping" in the system and somebody decides it shouldn't be there, or is not normal?

Then the authorities call you in for a chat, or start correspondence over it, months later. Up to you to prove what it was, why it's there, and only if they are convinced will the matter drop. Although no doubt you will be on a special list after that, so likely to be questioned again a few months or years later.

Happy with that? It's not private is it.
Quite happy with that. Us business owners do keep these funny things called 'records' and if required, I could account for every purchase, business and private, that I have made over the last 6 years. That’s nothing special. Anyone on here that runs a business or is self employed does that as a matter of course. I take it from the tone of your questioning, you don’t fall into either of those brackets.

Quite happy with that. Us business owners do keep these funny things called 'records' and if required, I could account for every purchase, business and private, that I have made over the last 6 years. That’s nothing special. Anyone on here that runs a business or is self employed does that as a matter of course. I take it from the tone of your questioning, you don’t fall into either of those brackets.
Oh I keep my accounts yes. All business expenses are accountable and accounted for. Not so my private stuff.

I'm not used to having my bank accounts looked at in detail, other than my business account by my accountant.

Why do your private accounts get regular checks?

And if you are quite happy to get a letter or a call out of the blue asking you about an entry xyz months ago, would you not want to know why you are being asked? Or is it normal for you to get asked about things like that? Are you on a list already?

Some benefits including the state pension are not means tested though so as long as they are not receiving any other means tested top ups to that (pension credit?), there will be no need for checks on state pensioners.

The State Pension, is not a benefit, it is an entitlement, after a working life of making contributions to the system.

Oh I keep my accounts yes. All business expenses are accountable and accounted for.
Good. Then you'll know what I’m talking about.

Not so my private stuff. Why do your private accounts get regular checks?
Never had one but if what you say is true, I’ll be in a position to show where it came from and where it went. You won’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back