Snow in loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New problem. Damp patches on ceiling. Go into loft and snow up there! House is 5 years old. Pictures attached...

Persimmon built!!!

The dark pictures shows gaps right at the top. You can see day light!!!

Attachments

• 20180318_153057.jpg
    20180318_153057.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 20180318_152823.jpg
    20180318_152823.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 206
Sponsored Links
"built" is not the word I'd use.

I've got more solid-looking battens holding up the shelves in my wardrobe.

Here' another.

Is this covered by NHBC?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180318-160458.png
    Screenshot_20180318-160458.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 183
I remember being called to an old folks home where they discovered small puddles of water on the elevator floor.
I managed to get upon the roof and have a squint and discovered a bank of tile vent terminals directly above the lift shaft. I deduced that when powdery snow built up around the vents the downward suction of the lift was pulling snow into the lift cage/car thingy.

I guess a similar thing is happening with a lot of vents and the unusual dry powdery snow we are getting.

Also, having gaps and daylight and stuff means your loft is vented and healthy. Don't knock it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks noseall. Just seems mad! Snow in my loft.

Stains on ceiling. Crazy.

This snow is very fine, so it may just be blowing in. Get up there next time it snows, and see if you can see the entry point.

as mentioned just snow blowing with heavy wind through vented ridge i wouldnt worry to much

Just went to neighbours they have had it too. Seems like a big thing in the news as well. New builds across Bristol have had it. Some removing enough snow to fill a bath tub

I remember being called to an old folks home where they discovered small puddles of water on the elevator floor.
I managed to get upon the roof and have a squint and discovered a bank of tile vent terminals directly above the lift shaft. I deduced that when powdery snow built up around the vents the downward suction of the lift was pulling snow into the lift cage/car thingy.

I guess a similar thing is happening with a lot of vents and the unusual dry powdery snow we are getting.

Also, having gaps and daylight and stuff means your loft is vented and healthy. Don't knock it.
Are you sure it wasn't one of the residents?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back