So long Barnier, and thanks for all the fish.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKKBN25X08G

LONDON/BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Britain will not blink first in Brexit trade negotiations with the European Union and is not scared of a no-deal exit at the end of the year, the country’s top Brexit negotiator warned the bloc on Sunday.

That is a quote from David Frost speaking to the Mail on Sunday.
So that is the UK negotiator doing a bit of chest thumping to the most pro Tory, pro brexit newspaper......printing rubbish for brexiteers to get excited about.

meanwhile in the real world:

the EU is still the UKs most important trade export market
the EU is still 5x bigger than the UK and the
the EU still has more leverage

and that is what counts: facts and evidence

Sponsored Links

Though not much fish :)

Great to see that, according to a survey of Tory activists, Boris' approval rating has soared to 24.6%.

"According to the latest survey of Tory members by ConservativeHome, the website for party activists, Johnson is now in the bottom third of cabinet ministers in the satisfaction ratings – having been the runaway leader nine months ago.

In December 2019, shortly after the last general election, Johnson topped the net satisfaction ratings with a score of plus 92.5%, while Sunak was fourth on plus 78.5%."

Now Johnson has slumped to 19th place, below Baroness Evans, the leader of the House of Lords, with a rating of plus 24.6%. Sunak meanwhile is out in front on plus 82.5%."

So that is the UK negotiator doing a bit of chest thumping to the most pro Tory, pro brexit newspaper......printing rubbish for brexiteers to get excited about.

But not the financial capacity to clear all their financial trades, for which they rely on London.

Sponsored Links
But not the financial capacity to clear all their financial trades, for which they rely on London.

Ah sadly everybrexit argument uses this technique: isolate one element and claim a victory.

trade negotiations re determined by the sum of reciprocity.

in terms of financial trade, sure the EU need London
in terms of financial trade, the UK need the EU
there is no leverage advantage either way

Of course the EU can tweak and change UK access to all services over time. What they will do is make changes that create nudge factors for the certain elements to move over to the SM. Aint nothing we can do about it, we no longer have a seat at the top table....no seat at all.

Ah sadly everybrexit argument uses this technique: isolate one element and claim a victory.

trade negotiations re determined by the sum of reciprocity.

in terms of financial trade, sure the EU need London
in terms of financial trade, the UK need the EU
there is no leverage advantage either way

Of course the EU can tweak and change UK access to all services over time. What they will do is make changes that create nudge factors for the certain elements to move over to the SM. Aint nothing we can do about it, we no longer have a seat at the top table....no seat at all.

You are reading far too much into what I wrote, and extrapolating into an assumed position on my behalf.

Yes, the EU is dependent on London for trade clearing, which is actually only weak leverage, as taking a nuclear option of refusing to clear EU trades would simply be MAD (mutually assured destruction)

Please don't assume you know what my position is on Brexit without asking.

Wasn't the crux of the issue, that we never did?
It was the crux of the issue put forward by Brexiteers.
Untrue of course.

The UK had a great deal, it was in the Single Market, it had more opt outs than any other member.

The UK has always had a low regulatory environment, but full access to the SM. That is why the UK had so much FDI and businesses being set up here...it offered low regulations especially on employment and taxation but free access to 500 million people.

It was the crux of the issue put forward by Brexiteers.
Untrue of course.

The UK had a great deal, it was in the Single Market, it had more opt outs than any other member.

The UK has always had a low regulatory environment, but full access to the SM. That is why the UK had so much FDI and businesses being set up here...it offered low regulations especially on employment and taxation but free access to 500 million people.

The eu is a corrupt cartel
Nothing more.
It was set up originally as a trading arrangement.
We sell them stuff. They sell us stuff.
Shame it all went ti@ts up.
You can sell us stuff but first you must comply with whatever we say.
Thats the eu cartel.
Thats how gangsters operate.

And the kow towing europhiles run and promote the protectionist squads.

You are reading far too much into what I wrote, and extrapolating into an assumed position on my behalf

What I wrote was carefully written, I expressly stated "every Brexit argument....."

Which is true, I was not stating your position, I apologise if you thought I did.

But it is true, every single Brexiteer argument on trade deal negotiations does the same thing: isolate one element as their argument, which ignores the true position: trade deal leverage is determined by the sum of all elements. That is why deals are agreed on a " nothing is agreed until everything is agreed" basis. Getting 99% of a deal doesn't get it across the line.

Brexiteers are upset Barnier won't move on from fishing until it's agreed.....but there's a reason, France and Spain will just veto any deal that doesn't provide equivalent access, so it's a waste of effort.

The eu is a corrupt cartel
Nothing more.
It was set up originally as a trading arrangement.
We sell them stuff. They sell us stuff.
Shame it all went ti@ts up.
You can sell us stuff but first you must comply with whatever we say.
Thats the eu cartel.
Thats how gangsters operate.

And the kow towing europhiles run and promote the protectionist squads.

Aren't you embarrassed by the way you keep repeating the same uninformed opinion.

You know what they say about people that keep making the same mistake........

Aren't you embarrassed by the way you keep repeating the same uninformed opinion.

You know what they say about people that keep making the same mistake........

You should be embarrased by the way you keep kow towing to a bunch of gangsters.

Not my fault you’re a three time loser, you didn’t want Brexit , you didn’t want Trump , you didn’t want Boris
Guess what you’re a loser .

Their whole world has collapsed.
Three hits in succession. LoL
No wonder they are so bitter.

M.O.S. was so pro remain I stopped buying it and switched to the express.

Sponsored Links
Back