soak shower fitting question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi experts

I'm currently helping my daughter fit her new shower from Soak.com - it's a thermo exposed valve type. She already has the feed in pipes through her tiles at 25mm into room. The instructions say pipes 20-25mm from finished wall surface so should be ok. On offering the valve up it is clear that the valve will not be flush with the wall - far from it. I was loathe to start reducing these pipes bearing in mind I need to fit cover plates, nuts and olives so I mocked up a correct fit using this valve and a 'wood wall' and it seems that only a 15mm stub of pipe would accommodate it in a flush position for screwing onto tiles. This seems a pretty tight fit to me?

Am I missing something here - can the instructions be this far out - a 15mm stub of pipe probably would be useless for other makes of shower if she ever decided to change it?

Sponsored Links
can the instructions be this far out

Easily. Especially on chinese imports.

And not only on these; E&Os in instructions abound. They are written by the factory goof-off; the one who can't be trusted near the production machines.

If you have full insertion at 15mm from finished tile surface, that's where you need to be.

Some photos and a link to the valve on their website would help - we aren't psychic

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back