Socket circuit keeps tripping...

Thanks for useful imfo mucka I dont intend to do the likes of that work myself. The guy who I do a lot of work for has got a good sparky but he is away at the moment so I will get him to have a look for me when he gets back. Thanks again ;) ....

Sponsored Links
Mcb's go faulty. As another method to isolate the fault someone might want to swap the cu cabling from the faulty circuit over to another 32 amp mcb. If that is done and the circuit doesn't trip on the other mcb, then the fault isn't the cabling, or an appliance it's a duff mcb.

My boss's electrician came back today and I collared him to come and sort out the problem. I was with him for a couple of hours and he whittled it down to a fault in a cable in a spur that had been put in years ago .So we found where the spur went to and he checked the cable in the socket and it was the same fault. So he isolated the socket (which was for an outside light and a TV in my kitchen), And everything is working now. As a foot note all the sockets (4) I had put in were ok and not the problem..We think that the cable may have been "nibbled" ;) Thanks again for you replies ,Respect to the "Good" Sparks ;)

Sponsored Links
I did tell him and then we got into a conversation of most of the sparks we know and we ran most of them down then we got onto plumbers and came to the conclusion that most of the dedicated and good tradesmen were those that were around our ages (twilight years) . But this is only our conclusion and is not a slur on younger tradesmen out there.... ;) I could go and sort the other sparky out but at this time in my life I have alot more problems and things going on to worry about. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back