Socket installation - Wago connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a few sockets in my garage before plasterboarding.

I had hoped to keep the cable intact and poke through the back box cut out but it looks like it will need to be cut and the two cables fed through separately.

Am I right in thinking I can use Wago connectors to connect the cable temporarily (live, neutral and earth all connected together)?

The cable won't be live until the work is finished, at which point I will only have the supply on briefly to test the furthest socket before putting the faceplates on.

Sponsored Links
Am I right in thinking I can use Wago connectors to connect the cable temporarily (live, neutral and earth all connected together)?
In principle, yes. But (I’m sure you don’t mean this):
you don’t connect “live, neutral and earth all together”

Connect the lives together, neutrals together and earths together in separate Wagos. Otherwise you’ll get a very Big Bang!:D

If the juice is off you don't need to isolate any wire.
Unless there's a risk of someone flipping the rcd/mcb (kids, wife, dog, mother in law, burglar, etc.)

Sponsored Links
If the juice is off you don't need to isolate any wire.
Unless there's a risk of someone flipping the rcd/mcb (kids, wife, dog, mother in law, burglar, etc.)

Was more so for testing once I had the last socket in place.
Am I right in thinking testing the last socket in the chain will indicate that the radial circuit is sound?

Was more so for testing once I had the last socket in place.
Am I right in thinking testing the last socket in the chain will indicate that the radial circuit is sound?
If you are installing any circuit you should be carrying out at least continuity and IR tests BEFORE any power is applied. Just powering it up and seeing that “the last socket works” or that something doesn’t go bang is NOT testing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back