socket spur safe distance from kitchen sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am trying to find some info what regs say about locating sockets and switching devices in kitchen, sink areas but cant find anything in my sources. So I call for help to your experience as I am beginner in that can you explain that to us pls?
Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Dont think there is an actual reg
It is in the Guide to the building regs though as others said 300mm

Sponsored Links
Quite right Rocky, the 300mm I quoted was from the electricians guide to the building regulations.
With regards to regs (BS7671) it's not specific but an accessory has to be fit for location and as such would require the correct IP rating for external influences.

No socket outlet within 300mm of the rim of the sink.

Straight line distance, ie. diagonally if it was next to and below the level? Or 300mm to the side - or any direction? How's it go about if there's a worktop in the way? (ie. a fitted sink) I assume you're not allowed one 300mm above a kitchen sink?

Just wondering :LOL:
*hic* sleep now, lots of new sink fitting to do in the morning (but no electrics :rolleyes: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back