Socket Wall Box - Thermaline Plasterboard

I'm all for building control and I understand why we have regulations, but seriously, getting building regs involved for putting an 8 foot sheet of insulated plasterboard in my house seems ridiculous.

And I don't think any sane person would bother. It's not as if you're making the building any less energy efficient.

Sponsored Links
From planning portal:

If you are installing loft insulation as part of a roof renovation project, where more than 25 per cent of the roof is being renewed, then the level of insulation should meet the standards required by building regulations Approved Documents. Care should be taken not to block any ventilation at the edges (eaves).

So i dont see why topping up your loft insulation would be notifiable if it does not even have to meet building regulations.

Sponsored Links
So Mr DIY can run into loft and lay insulation all over the cables and any spot lights sticking up - cool

BAS - thought i was going mad for a moment then noticed you had edited your answer. I did think it was slightly OTT to notify for topping loft insulation up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back