Can i use Thermaline for a fire recess?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the process of building a recess for a pither stove. I am at the stage of needing plasterboard. I was considering using plasterboard with better thermal properties for the back board at the rear of the recess as this is the outer wall.

Is Gyproc ThermaLine Plus suitable or would i have to use a Gyproc Fireline board?

Sponsored Links
In the process of building a recess for a pither stove. I am at the stage of needing plasterboard. I was considering using plasterboard with better thermal properties for the back board at the rear of the recess as this is the outer wall.

Is Gyproc ThermaLine Plus suitable or would i have to use a Gyproc Fireline board?

Thermaline is for insulating walls the fireline would be better, although there are heat resistant renders/plasters you could also use :)

The pither stove is far enough from the recess walls to permit standard gyproc board rather than fireline. However if there is not major increase in cost i will get the fireline.

The intent for having the thermaline was to prevent heat loss on the outwear wall (rear recess) . probably would not make much difference. Just thought it should be done as i have the opportunity. the thermaline is not for the sides of the recess.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back