Socket wrench + screw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

This might seem like a stupid question but here we go:

I need to unscrew a screw which is hard to reach (tight space) and tightly screwed. I already own a 1/4'' (inch) ratchet wrench with several sockets. Could I buy a set like this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rolson-Scre...INTDLX7NXL89N&psc=1&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl
And put one of those screw bits in one of my sockets and use it with my ratchet wrench?

The size of the bottom side of the screw bits doesn't matter as I have different sizes of sockets, right?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
You can...the set extension fits into the correct hexagon bit, and the screwdriver of choice fixes into the extension. Happily, the extensions are often magnetic.
John :)

put one of those screw bits in one of my sockets

You could do that, those screwdriver bits are 1/4 inch hexagonal so will fit in a 1/4 inch socket, but it will keep falling out. Check your socket set, you probably already have the correct adapter that will look like this...

14inchadapter.jpg

It will either be magnetic or have a little ball bearing like in the picture to hold the bit in place.

Gaz :)

Edit: Beaten to it by Burnerman!

Sponsored Links
If access is tight a socket will make it more difficult due to the increased diameter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back