Sockets not working after removing dead end

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm currently gutting and replacing my kitchen which includes plastering, flooring, electrics everything.

I do have an electrician coming to re-wire the kitchen properly for me but in the mean time I have had to remove some as a wall is to be cut out and bi-folding doors installed.

I had a fused spur which had a single cable 2.5mm T&E to it, I have disconnected it and pulled it back into the loft to terminate it inside a 30amp junction box (used this as it was all i had), the second was a single cable 2.5mm T&E to a power socket pulled into the loft and back to a different 30amp junction box, finally 2 lighting cables (live only) and once again pulled back to another separate junction box.

Since doing this I now have 3 dead power sockets in the house but dont understand as these were single cable connections (dead ends in my view) but obviously connected somehow ??

Please help as its driving me mad that I dont understand ??

Sponsored Links
We're the two ( power socket and fused spur) part of the same circuit in your consumer unit ? If so provide details of that circuits OPD ( MCB,fuse ,RCBO, whichever).
Is the lighting circuit working fine ?

Thanks for the reply,

The lighting circuit is fine all works well on that front, I'm sure they are both part of the same circuit as isolating the MCB for sockets isolated both the fused spur and the power socket.

If i Put them both through the same junction box would this resolve the issue ?? although they were separate before.

If they were not connected to each other before it makes no sense to connect them together.
As I already asked ,give us the circuit info.and show us a pic of consumer unit (or fuse board if that's what you have)

Sponsored Links
@terryplumb I may have worked it out and if so call it user error, i completely forgot I disconnected the power supply for the extractor which does have a return so Im going to re-wire after tea ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back