Soft close hinge on tall fridge cabinet door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys, I have 2 soft close hinges on a tall fridge cabinet door. The cabinet is 2.3 high and the top door (for the fridge) is I think around 1.2m or there abouts.
Now I was supplied with soft close hinges, Cooke & Lewis ones, but on this top door it doesn't have the force required to get past the light push button inside the fridge. The freezer door, that soft closes just fine. The fridge, closes to the point of the light switch then just hangs.

Has anyone ran into this problem before? am I better off just putting a normal hinge on the fridge instead of soft close? I have looked at the hinge, it has no force adjustment just the usual in-out and up-down.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Miss aligned they will not have enough force , sounds like door is binding.

Are you using 1 or 2 closers, and can you post a picture or a link. C&L do several types.

Foxhole well may be right. Release one of the hinge plates on the cabinet, and see if it shifts up or down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back