Soil Pipe? leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem where my 110mm waste pipe from the upstairs toilet meets the ground. The previous seal leaked so I had to remove it.

I previously used a "multiquick"? type pan connector as a quick fix, but because I cant 'lift the waste pipe up' or 'move the floor down' it doesn't fit flush with the ground, it just points the pipe in the direction of the hole and doesn't provide a sealed fit, leaving a gap of around an inch.

What I need, and what I've been told I can get, is a connector which is thinner at the base, but splits in half so I can fit it into the hole but around the pipe, then clasps together to seal.

Does this make sense ? I imagine a crude example would be a funnel that is cut down the middle, then can clasp together again around the pipe ???

Any other ideas are gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
You could use a slip coupling (or two). These don't have stops in the middle, and can be slid completely over the pipe.

Cut out a section of pipe.
Mark the pipe at half the slip coupling length.
Fit slip over pipe
Re-make the faulty joint.
Replace the section you cut out.
Slide coupling over joint . The marks will show when it is in the right place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back