soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody
Can anyone give me infomation with regarding the following.
I have just had a rather large lean-to built, and running through it is a soil pipe.My misses wants to put the washing machine in this new room, Question can i cut into the soil pipe using i believe a BOSS connetion, connected to the washing machine outlet if yes how do these connections fix with regards to sealing so that no water will leak from them.
I hope i have made myself clear if not apologies.
Waiting in anticepation
Monty Caboodle :oops:

Sponsored Links
Easiest to install is a strap on boss. You make a hole in the side of the pipe, then the strap on boss is placed against it and held on, with clip(s) that go around the existing soil pipe. An integrated rubber seal sits between the existing pipe and a flanged area on the new fitting.

Here's an example There are hundreds of manufacturers, so they vary quite a bit in design and appearance. I just include the first link that came up with a picture.

Pop down your local plumbers merchant and have a look.

Thanks TEX MEX
It's good to know that their is always someone someware to help others (like myself) out.
I take it that there is a rubber seal between the Boss and the soill pipe, or can i use a silacone based product!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If your soil stack is plastic (uPVC) you can get a plastic strap on boss and solvent weld it. You will then need a boss adaptor, the 40mm tube and a washing machine trap (stand pipe type).

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chris
Problem is that my pipe has be painted in the past.
If i were to weld it, i would need some sort of kit to do the job, would it be cheapter to have a rubber seal or a silacone seal, thanks for your input, much appricated
Monty :D

If i were to weld it, i would need some sort of kit to do the job
When we say "solvent weld" we mean "glue" really - it's just a more technical way of saying it! If your soil stack is plastic, just scrape the paint of the area where you want to "solvent weld" the strap. It might help to clean the old pipe with some solvent cleaner as well. All these bits will be supplied by a plumbers' merchant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back