Solar panels.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just finished a new build and we have 2 solar panels (not PV) on the garage roof. I think there might be a problem with the RH one. Any comments would be appreciated.

Solar.jpg

Sponsored Links
What do you want us to say?

The RH panel looks to have slipped 20 mm to the right?

The surface of the RH panel looks as if its warped. But it could just be a reflection on the photo.

Tony

Here's my 2d worth; Why did you waste your money on flat plate panels?
The panels are not fitted correctly and the RH one is not fitted correctly on the bracket & looks like it's full of condensation. Also as said; you've exposed fittings!

Sponsored Links
Refer to your installer. Is this really a new build project?

There's nothing wrong with flat panels, they are more cost-effective in the right circumstances. True, tubes are more efficient, but the energy is free, so you put a slightly larger area of flat plates in to yield the same output - at considerably less capital cost.

Isn't one of the advantages of the flat panels is they can be fitted in the roof like a velux style window? These are flat panels on top of the roof so it may as well have been tubes?

I have solar input on my thermal store and would like to put flat panels and fit them in the roof. My tiles are old so one day may want to replace them but I don't think my roof is big enough for in roof flat panels. These panels appear to be quite small?

What do you think the problem is?

generally if the pressure does not go to zero (it should be much higer depending on the location of the gauge and panels) and the flow and return temperature dials display a temperature differential when it is sunny, and the solar controller reads the two or more sensors, then there isn't an issue...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back