solar powered security lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to install a security light at the rear of my property and replace one that overlooks my drive. are these type of lights any good:

http://www.powerbee.co.uk/solar-security-lights.html

bonus is I could fit them myself, downside is I won't be able to switch them on/off i.e. no connection to an interior switch.

anyone running anything similar to these and are they bright-ish or nowhere near as good as traditional mains powered equivalents?

Sponsored Links
Not as bright as mains but ok, why do you want to turn off? they only work in the dark

Not as bright as mains but ok, why do you want to turn off? they only work in the dark

mainly so i can force it to come on if desired e.g. scenario where i 'think' i hear sound at rear of property but light isn't on, could switch it on by flicking switch then look out from safety of my house ;)

Some of the units are sound activated, if you here a sound and no ones there whats the point of lighting up?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back