solar security lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can you advise on a good brand / spec for an outdoor solar security light?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Mainly Chinese imports, some good some very bad , brand makes no difference .Look out for one with extended cable for separate solar panel as it makes it easier to place for sun collection when light is fixed in a shaded spot .Check out the battery spec , replaceable type easier to maintain .

Sponsored Links
………

Attachments

• C4B69E14-AAC2-4C09-959F-D3B60FBC5EFE.png
    C4B69E14-AAC2-4C09-959F-D3B60FBC5EFE.png
    618.2 KB · Views: 37
I have installed a whole series of access lights, will not call them security lamps as the don't make anything more or less secure, and as @foxhole has said the one with the remote solar panel seems to have worked better than the rest.

But even that one seems to give up in winter, then start working again when summer comes.

Even mains operated access lights seem to be hit and miss, but at least they continue to work in the winter. The problem I think is down to cats, foxes, bats, and other night animals triggering the lights and discharging the batteries. So what may work well for one may not work for others.

At rear of house want wifi operated lights, so I decide when switched on, don't want to light the way for intruders. But at front yes want to light the way for the milkman.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back