1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Solution to light switches being obstructed by furniture

Discussion in 'Electrics UK' started by geojay, 22 Aug 2020.

1. geojay

geojay

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I've got a couple of light switches which are obstructed by furniture and wondered if there are any elegant solutions available to allow the light to be operated from a slightly different position without additional wiring? At the moment, we have to reach behind the furniture but we would prefer to have a switch of some kind mounted on the furniture. I'm imagining something which would actuate the real switch, maybe by pneumatic or mechanical linkage. I'd prefer not to move the switch or extend the wiring into the furniture (which I'd assume is a pretty dodgy concept anyway).

Is there anything commercially available which allows for this? I've searched a little but nothing obvious has popped up...

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Jackrae

Jackrae

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  4. Taylortwocities

Taylortwocities

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Or fit a Quinetic receiver at each light, you can then switch the lights on with a wireless switch, or an app, or Alexa.

Or use “Smart” lamps, like Philips Hue. Also with numerous wireless controls

Last edited: 22 Aug 2020
    • Like Like x 1