Solution to light switches being obstructed by furniture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a couple of light switches which are obstructed by furniture and wondered if there are any elegant solutions available to allow the light to be operated from a slightly different position without additional wiring? At the moment, we have to reach behind the furniture but we would prefer to have a switch of some kind mounted on the furniture. I'm imagining something which would actuate the real switch, maybe by pneumatic or mechanical linkage. I'd prefer not to move the switch or extend the wiring into the furniture (which I'd assume is a pretty dodgy concept anyway).

Is there anything commercially available which allows for this? I've searched a little but nothing obvious has popped up...

Sponsored Links
Or fit a Quinetic receiver at each light, you can then switch the lights on with a wireless switch, or an app, or Alexa.

Or use “Smart” lamps, like Philips Hue. Also with numerous wireless controls

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back